This is a sign for you to go update your passwords / security on all your accounts right now.
This is a sign for you to go update your passwords / security on all your accounts right now. ⚠️
I’m saying this because my Amazon Web Services (AWS) account got hacked. Someone sent 1,485 spam emails to random email addresses using Simple Email Service (SES) on my AWS account.
Luckily I was available to stop it before it got worst, but I did receive a bunch of email “abuse” notices from AWS; which basically could have led to my account being shut off. 😞
I’m also glad I didn’t have any critical business or live app tied to this yet.
If you know your accounts aren’t as secure as they should be, go right now and update the security:
- Update the strength of your passwords
- use a password manager
- use special characters
- increase the length
- don’t use common terms
- Turn on multi-factor or two-factor authentication
- i.e. authentication mobile app or SMS codes
- Protect your application keys and secrets
- don’t post on GitHub, or in live web code